Unified National Test in Kazakhstan
The Unified National Test (UNT) is a secondary school leaving examination and entrance exam for the higher education institutions in Kazakhstan. Since 2017, the secondary school graduates write UNT:
1. Examinations in schools (for obtaining a certificate of secondary education and obtaining "Altyn belgi").
2. UNT, which will perform the functions of the exam for admission to universities and the system for the allocation of state grants.
Final certification in schools is conducted in the following subjects:
- Mother tongue and literature (written in the form of an essay).
- Kazakh language in schools with Russian, Uzbek, Uighur and Tajik languages of instruction. Russian language in schools with Kazakh language of instruction (testing).
- History of Kazakhstan (oral exam).
- Algebra and the beginning of the analysis (in writing).
- Subjects of choice (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Geometry, World History, Literature, Computer Science, Foreign Language (English, French, German) in the form of testing.
A total of 120 questions are asked. The time of testing will be 3 hours and 50 minutes. Passing points higher educational organizations - 50. The maximum points are 140 due to several correct answers in tasks on profile subjects). The maximum number of points for individuals applying for specialties that require creative preparation is 120 points.